Karen Stair and I did a lake tour this morning. We started at Longview Lake where the only birds seen on the water were Pied-billed Grebes and Ring-billed Gulls. At our next stop at Blue Springs Lake we found FOS Common Golden-eyes in a raft of Buffleheads, Ruddies,  Ring-necks, Gadwall, Mallards, Pied-bill Grebes and a single Horned Grebe. Only birds on the water at Lake Remembrance CA were more Pied-bill Grebes, but we found a FOS Winter Wren along the trail from the Duncan Road parking lot. It would’ve been a nice winter morning except it’s ONLY early November!

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail