Beautiful afternoon to be at Riverlfemale ands. More divers are showing up as evidenced by the Bufflehead, Hooded Mergansers and Ruddy ducks present. My best birds of the day, however, were past the closed gae to Confluence state Park in the brush and tall grass. I had a female Common Yellowthroat here along with a single tree swallow working overhead and a fly-by Merlin. also 4 Brewers blackbirds in the flock of 200 Red-winged Blackbirds that were roosting in the small trees in this area until the Merlin buzzed them.

2 Peregrine Falcons on the dam and lots of White-crowned and Song Sparrows and Eurasian Tree Sparrows along the paved path around the visitors center.

I only had 4 common Loons at Creve couer Lake today. This lake has been good to me the past few years for divers until it freezes up and today I had Redheads, Lesser Scaup, ruddy ducks, Hooded Mergansers, Ringnecks, Buffleheads, Pied-billed and Horned Grebes.. There was also a duck with the Ruddys which was Lighter and I thought it was just a lighter plumaged bird coming into winter plumage but now I am wondering if I missed a female Long-tailed duck so if anyone goes out here keep an eye out for that bird.

Dave Haenni
Des Peres, MO

MBS Spring Meeting: May 1-3, 2020 in Cape Girardeau, MO Details and Online Registration