BTW,

Lust is a mysterious wound in the side of humanity; or rather, at the very
source of its life! To confound this lust in man with that desire which
unites the sexes is like confusing a tumor with the very organ which it
devours, a tumor whose very deformity horribly reproduces the shape.

- Georges Bernanos, The Diary of a Country Priest.

Apropos of TS Eliot, a poet is just a medium.

CR