From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Maureen Thomas-Murphy
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 3:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: hawk kettle south st louis city

Hello all,
As I was standing under the cedars in Concordia Cemetery (south St Louis City) around 12:45pm today looking for warblers, I caught a glimpse of a kettle of 15 hawks flying high, fast and south.  Since I was to their north, I had to run to a clearing, dodging tombstones along the way, to get a better look and some photos.  I was lucky to capture two of them on film, although the images are extremely poor.  Here is the link to my eBird checklist--I welcome any input you might have regarding an ID.  Too bad you were not with me Tommy and Chrissy!  From my 2 second glimpse and the photos, I do not think they are vultures.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S61026894

Thank you in advance for your opinions and keep your eyes to the sky those of you in Cape and Poplar Bluff!!!
Maureen Thomas-Murphy
St Louis City