From 6:00PM - 7:30PM, 1000s of American White Pelicans poured into the pool just west of the headquarters.  What an amazing site! We'd never see this many in one place before.  10,000 is a conservative estimate.  WOW!

This same pool had some mudflats that had attracted numerous shorebirds:  peeps (mostly Least, a few Baird's), numerous Long-billed Dowitchers, a Black-bellied Plover (we made sure to look for the black armpits in flight), 18 American Golden Plovers, a single Black-necked Stilt, a few Stilt Sandpipers, a Spotted Sandpiper, Pectoral Sandpipers, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, plus an assortment of duck species and others delights.  A small group of Greater White-fronted Geese showed up, as well as a Sandhill Crane flew in late in the day.

Andy Reago

St. Louis MO

<[log in to unmask]><[log in to unmask]>

ASM Spring Meeting: May 1-3, 2020 in Cape Girardeau, MO Details and Online Registration