Thank you Dick Palmer for the perfect directions.  I went this morning and was delighted with the views of Black-bellied Whistling Ducks!  There was also a pair of Wood Ducks and a few other wonderful birds.  I had a delightful time.  I had only ever had a slight view of these beautiful ducks in the past, so it was almost like seeing a life bird!

From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Dick Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:14 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: St. Louis County, Little Creve Coeur Lake

Little Creve Coeur Lake
St. Louis County
9:30 AM

24 Black-bellied Whistling Ducks were present this morning along with at least
6 Little Blue Herons ( all adults)

Starting from the restaurant at 2160 Creve Coeur Mill Rd drive south about 1/2 mile to
Waterworks RD, turn right and go to the stop sign for River Valley Drive.  Turn right again
and proceed a total of 1.6 miles from the restaurant to the small parking lot on the right.
The birds were visible from the parking lot.  Binoculars work but a scope is better.

Dick Palmer
217 Turning Mill Dr
Wentzville, MO 63385-3039