Thank you Dick Palmer for the perfect directions.  I went this morning and was delighted with the views of Black-bellied Whistling Ducks!  There was also a pair of Wood Ducks and a few other wonderful birds.  I had a delightful time.  I had only ever had a slight view of these beautiful ducks in the past, so it was almost like seeing a life bird!
________________________________
From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Dick Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:14 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: St. Louis County, Little Creve Coeur Lake

Little Creve Coeur Lake
St. Louis County
9:30 AM

24 Black-bellied Whistling Ducks were present this morning along with at least
6 Little Blue Herons ( all adults)

Starting from the restaurant at 2160 Creve Coeur Mill Rd drive south about 1/2 mile to
Waterworks RD, turn right and go to the stop sign for River Valley Drive.  Turn right again
and proceed a total of 1.6 miles from the restaurant to the small parking lot on the right.
The birds were visible from the parking lot.  Binoculars work but a scope is better.

Dick Palmer
217 Turning Mill Dr
Wentzville, MO 63385-3039

Archives<https://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html> / Subscription options<https://po.missouri.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mobirds-l&A=1> / ASM Website<http://mobirds.org> / Email the list owners<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

ASM Fall Meeting: September 27-29, 2019 at Camp Clover Point, Lake of the Ozarks State Park, Osage Beach, MO Details and Online Registration<http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx>

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=icon>    Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=link>