Sarah, and all,

Thank you for sharing your love for birds with us! We all can do more to help birds, right in our own yards.

Last week, a Chestnut-sided Warbler came to a small Blackhaw in our woods and feasted away on small insects and a fat green caterpillar. Native plants attract native insects which are eaten by our native birds - this circle of life can happen right in front of each of us.

I just finished a blog post with photos and links to several organizations that provide a list of these highly beneficial native plants when you put in your zip code. Easy-peasy! Lose some lawn and get more diversity of plants in your yards and watch this magic happen!

https://hummerhavenunltd.com/blog

Birds are indeed awesome!

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO, MO