On this very hot day, I am indoors paying bills and catching up on paperwork.  Out my home office window, I have a nice stand of phlox and purple coneflowers --- not getting much done as I have close-up views of a hummer working the phlox and several goldfinches taking seeds from the coneflower heads.  A yellow swallow-tail butterfly joining in.   Oh-oh, hummer just checked out the goldfinch - decided nothing good for him on the coneflower seed head so both can co-exist peacefully.

--
Jean Leonatti
Boone County