The Refuge is finally back open after many, many weeks of being closed due to the Flooding earlier. Roads are in pretty good shape, though the one to South pool remains closed to vehicle traffic as repairs continue in that part. The road across Silver Lake spillway remains closed as well, but that seems to be the case most of the time anymore.The water levels have been pulled down and are low in most places except Silver Lake. Most of the avian activity was in Swan Lake Marsh where I observed three Sandhill Cranes, dozens each of Great Egrets & Great Blue Herons, eight hundred or so White Pelicans, and several species of Shorebirds. Many of these were only seen after wading out in the middle of all the vegetation in the center of the pool. I also saw the Mute Swan that was reported previously. It was south of the road that goes over the Swan Lake outlet to South Pool - where the Wood Stork was last year.
Later, Steve [log in to unmask]