This bird flew as I watched and couldn’t be relocated. It was gorgeous, and still is, somewhere else.

There will probably be more Buffies in the area soon, and on SelecTurf Sod Farm in north Jefferson City. Although I haven’t seen any at SelecTurf yet this season, Brad Jacobs and I did have, very briefly, an Upland Sandpiper out on the sod two days ago.

The long pool south of Mokane Road (also in north Jefferson City) from 0.4 to 1.0mi east of Hibernia Road has just recently developed excellent mudflats with lots of flies on them, meaning that lots more shorebirds are likely to arrive. My sense is that the small number I saw today comes at the beginning of a large event.

I had hoped to share a link to this evening’s eBird checklist, with photos, but eBird.org is down for everyone right now. So, I’ll create the checklist tomorrow.

Good birding everyone,
Pete

Sent from my iPad