I found a Mute Swan and Trumpeter Swan as mated pair at Binder Lake, Cole Co., this year.  Don't know what came of that liaison.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Rogles" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2019 5:46:24 PM
Subject: Any one? Help!

Mobirders,
Tom and I need some help with a birding problem.

Today we found a bird, swan for sure, Trumpeter in the head, bill and body.  The tail was long and wide (from the back; resembled a MUSW from the side profile).
We agree on all the details.
We know nothing of hybrid swans, and particularly of a MUSWxTRUS cross.
Any information would be appreciated.
Bird was a full adult.  Not a TUSW cross.

Thanks
Dave and Tom
St. Louis Co.