Last night I drove to the Missouri River floodplain downstream from Wilton, Boone Co. I birded mainly on S. RIver Road, River Road and Hartsburg Bottom Rd, west of Harts Creek. Most of the water is gone east of Harts Creek. Over 1300 shorebirds were present last night before dark.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58751658

From the north on US 63 turn west at Ashland exit and drive straigh through town then follow M highway about 6 miles to Wilton. Turn left on the gravel and drive a few miies to the closed Hartsburg Access. From there on check all the flood pools, most will have shorebirds, waders, and be surrounded by many hundreds of swallows. THis has the most shorebird promise in Boone County right now, although everywhere looks good for shorebirds, this location has them already.

Brad Jacobs
Boone Co.