Going by his early poetry it was an incessant struggle to overcome the Sweeney in him.

CR

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 6:05 PM Peter Dillane <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
probably a bit bleak of me bringing up sweeney in taxis. when I was about 20 I had a great friendship over snooker and cigars with a man who was 86. He often said if only I had met you earlier. i think the irony escaped him