I visited the previously discussed heron rookery in St. Louis City near St Louis U. yesterday evening.  There didn’t appear to be many new nests compared to those present on the 7/7 survey.  Most of the birds, the majority still Little Blue Herons and Black-crowned Night-Herons, were sitting on nests.  A few nests contained juveniles.
The Great Egrets, most nesting on unaffected property, were busy feeding young.

St. Louis Audubon is currently working with the apartment complex management company to protect these birds until nesting is complete.  If you visit the area, please report any activity that you feel might disrupt their success.  Also, be careful to respect the privacy of the residents so that we can all work together to achieve this goal.

Continuing updates will be shared with the birding community on this website.

Pat Lueders, Webster Groves, MO

Sent from my iPad