I was just watching several house sparrows systematically going around my hummingbird feeder pecking at each feeding port.  I assume they were snacking on ants!

    On Friday, July 12, 2019, 3:24:53 PM CDT, Charlene Malone <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Subject: Option for keeping ants off feeders
 From: lannychambers AT gmail.com

 OTOH, ........These are all good choices, without applying dangerous substances like grease/oil/vaseline to hummer feeders.

 Lanny Chambers
 Fenton, MO

 Can one use Vaseline AROUND a window mount (half type ) feeder as a barrier to ants?
 The Vaseline does not touch the feeder but is in a thin layer on the window.

 Thank you for assistance.

 Charlene Malone
 St. Louis co.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/