I slipped by Kendzora CA just north of Edgerton, MO this morning.  There is
still water...mainly along the levees, shallow in forested area, and a
couple of decent bodies in the pools.  The levees have been mowed so it
will be easy walking if desired.  Also, I ran into the manager and he said
that the north levee broke during the recent flooding and it is not
repaired.  He was uncertain when it will be fixed and said the north pool
now cannot hold any water.

Small checklist:     https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58097239

I also went further north to a pretty large mudflat (quarter mile long) of
the Platte River floodplain that runs along side Hwy 116.  Large bodies of
water and it has varying elevation giving some diversity for sure.  The
Sandpipers I saw were too far out to identify, especially with the heat
waves (around 11:00 a.m.).  But several GBH's, Canada Geese, Mallards, and
Killdeers.  It looks like it could be pretty good in the upcoming weeks and
it is the only large mudflat I am aware of between Kansas City and St.
Joseph.

The checklist can give you the exact location:

 https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58098541

I am definitely hearing the Cicadas calling so I guess we are definitely
past the halfway point of summer!! :)

Terry L. Miller
Plattsburg, MO

www.millerstaxidermy.net

"Ever since the creation of the world his invisible nature, namely his
eternal power and deity, has been clearly perceived in the things that have
been made."  Romans 1:20