Mobsters,

There were three pools with shorebirds when I arrived a bit before 8 am. I did not go down the “standard Mokane Rd toward N. Jefferson City as the deep sand looked to be problematic.

After surveying the entire area I returned to the main 2 pools ,just as Steve and Debby Martin arrived. Later we were joined by Shelby Thomas.

Summary of shorebirds :

Pectoral Sandpiper- 196
Stilt Sandpiper- 7
Least Sandpiper- 10
Semipalmated Sandpiper - 1
Killdeer- 74 (scattered throughout area)
Western Sandpiper- 1 (long bill indicates a male showing a good amount of red on scapulars and partially on tertials)
Sanderling - 2  (both adults showing partially retained Alternate plumage)
Lesser Yellowlegs- 3

8 species total with 295 individuals present
 Other nearby birds were :
8 Turkey Vultures
2 Bald Eagles
3 Great Blue Herons
1 Green heron

And… a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher on Hwy 94 across from the driveway!

No Kites in the area- so far.

Tim

Timothy Barksdale
Birdman Productions LLC
P.O.Box 1124
69 Mountain View Dr.
Choteau, MT 59422

Missouri: Birdman Adventures LLC

The information transmitted (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is intended only for the person(s) or entity/entities to which it is addressed and might contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

In addition to the above, you may be receiving copyrighted material and be subject to violation of United States Laws.

Birdman Productions LLC and Birdman Adventures LLC will vigorously defend intellectual material, proprietary material and prosecute theft, or plagiarism to the fullest extent of the law.