This morning after a dense fog burned off of the flats, Brad, Paul and I counted west and east of CR 4033:

Pectoral Sandpiper-410
Least Sandpiper-85
Semipalmated Sandpiper-18
Lesser Yellowlegs-1
Semipalmated Plover-6

and saw Spotted and Solitary Sandpiper elsewhere.

Brad also found 6 Caspian Tern south of CR 4038, east of the intersection with CR 4033. It was fun to watch them dive.

Other notable numbers:

Great Blue Heron-195
Bald Eagle-7
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher-4

Great to see Horned Larks back on the area.

Good birding everyone,
Pete

Sent from my iPad