Hello fellow birders,

I took my sister to the rookery yesterday eve around 7.  The skies were
alive with birds, some of them young little blues and, slightly before
sunset, a half dozen little blue chicks walked their way to the top of their
tree and stood nicely while we photographed.  A black-crowned night heron
adult sat perched on a roof peak for the hour that we were there.  See pics
on eBird:

 <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58522839>
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58522839

The trees that were felled have been cleaned up.  I saw no evidence of any
more cutting.  Again, most of the noise was coming from the begging chicks..

Several other birders and a family came to check it out as well.

My best to you all,

Maureen

St Louis