250 or more Pectoral Sandpiper, 100 or more Least Sandpiper, and multiples of the following:

Stilt Sandpiper
Short-billed Dowitcher
Lesser Yellowlegs
Semipalmated Sandpiper
Solitary Sandpiper
Spotted Sandpiper
Loads of Killdeer, of course

An early Wilson’s Phalarope

Oh, and a single Least Tern too

Who knows what I missed or will show up?

Take S. Bush Rd. south from Hartsburg, and as you leave town, you’ll start seeing shorebirds in floodwater remnants on both sides of the road. To get to the best diversity, turn west on Hartsburg Bottom Rd. The Least Tern was south of that road on a mud bar behind shorebirds and near some Mallards. The Phalarope was north of that road.

Habitat looks good heading east on Hartsburg Bottom Rd too, and although I found a gorgeous pair of Kestrels, there were very few shorebirds

Use US 63 to get here; do not try to come up from the bottom.

Good birding everyone,
Pete

Pete Monacell,
Jefferson City