Still heaving a sigh of relief, and I'll be looking online to see how the
parents and the babies are doing, in the days ahead! We too have
Black-crowned Night Herons here (India) and I also remember how often, on
the Forest Park Forever bird walks, we were shown their nests in the avenue
of (then) quite small trees leading away from the Visitors Centre. Though
they seemed used to humans, I liked  to keep a comfortable distance from
them while observing them.

Here's one I took a few miles from my home; several of the photos of this
bird in my Flickr collection are from Forest Park!

https://flic.kr/p/qTefcV

Cheers, Deepa.