It took a village.  Rad Widmer was the original birder that discovered the tree cutters, joined by other St Louis Audubon members Lisa Saffell, Maureen Thomas-Murphy, Miguel Acosta, and Jennifer Holder.  Mitch Leachman of SLAS worked with the management company, MDC, and Fish & Wildlife.  Bryan Prather of the Wild Bird Store in Warson Woods took the Heron chicks to Wild Bird Rehabilitation on Midland in Overland. Joe Hoffman, the director of Wild Bird Rehab, is managing the attempt to return them to their parents.  Lisa and other St Louis birders will be surveying the trees in that area tomorrow morning, Sunday, at 8 am.  Hope I mentioned everyone.

Pat Lueders, Webster Groves

Sent from my iPad