And from heronconservation.org

LBHE

CHICK: Chicks are covered by white grey to brown grey down, with a crest of
long hair like, tawny down. The down turns white within one week. Bill is
pink grey at base, pink blue outward, and turning pinker in first week
Chicks can be identified up close by their dusky wing tips. Iris is light
grey. Skin, including leg and foot, is pink grey to grey.

BCNH

CHICK: The chick has buff brown down on its back, light down below. The
outer portions of the crown down are white creating a crest. The bill is
pink with dark tip. Iris is gray olive, changing to light yellow, and then
bright yellow by 30 days. Lores are grey at hatching becoming grey green.
Legs and feet are brown at hatching, turning yellow olive, then olive grey,
and finally light green at 30 days.