Apropos of John Angell Grant’s post, both the positive way and the negative
way evoke poetry. Eliot’s is in consonance with St John of the Cross’s
“Dark Night of the Soul.” The other, such as John Ashbery’s, celebrates the
positive way. Both hold their respective sway over readers. Some like
either, some both.

“Um” by John Ashbery

https://mailchi.mp/theparisreview.org/poem-132781?e=ec9f833e26

Regards,