Call for Papers
Extended deadline!
21st Annual Conference of the GDGSA of the UW-Madison
November 1-2, 2019

How does ‘Eichhörnchen’ sound to you? The first contact you typically have with a language is a sound - a harsh or a soft one, and sometimes one that is really hard to pronounce. Sounds transport ideas, backgrounds, mindsets or attitudes, and finally they accumulate into words, sentences, songs, novels, speech... Sound is just the smallest part of something really big.
For the 21st annual conference, the GDGSA invites a broad range of submissions that respond to any aspect of Sound in a German or Dutch context.

We welcome proposals for individual papers, posters, performances or workshops. Graduate students from all universities and departments are encouraged to submit their abstracts.

Please submit an abstract or plan for your presentation of 500 words or fewer by August 15th, 2019. Submissions in English or German are welcome. Your submission should include the following information: title of proposal, presenter’s name, university and department affiliation, 75­word bio, technology and workshop requests, and email address. Proposals and questions may be directed to: [log in to unmask] Please include the words “Conference Proposal” in the subject line of your email. We look forward to your submissions!

Tyler Whitney
(University of Michigan)
Keynote

Sabine Gross