Edge and Mobirders,
A couple of seasons ago I checked for WEKI on those electric power substations.
I believe my results were something like four out of six or seven stations had
western kingbirds on them.
Today I was down in Joplin and WEKI were at the substation at 5th & Kentucky.
WEKI are not limited to those stations however.  I have observed one twice now
at the road entrance to the Webb City Water Treatment Facility.  No platforms
of any kind right there.
Larry, in Joplin.