With a sunny and cool morning, I decided to grab my full leg-length waders to see whether or not the Hooded Warbler was still in the same general vicinity as it was about 4 weeks ago and before Lost Valley Trail became flooded.

I was able to record it singing and finally got a good visual (but too far to photograph using my iPhone). It was in the same general vicinity as before: at the point where there is a narrow hiking/trail-biking path on the right (east) about 50 yards along that trail from the main path. I submitted my recording (which is time and date stamped) to iNaturalist and posted it on eBird.

FYI: From the Lost Valley parking lot to where the main trail forks near the .5 mile marker, I'd guess about 3/4 of that section of the trail is under about 18 - 20 inches of water, and it pretty much stays that depth as one wades through it.

Bob Bailey
St. Louis, MO