Coming out of Marshall Diggs CA on Audrain County Rd. 742, I went north on County Rd. 751 toward Martinsburg.  As I turned onto the road I could see a lot of bird activity, so I checked the odometer and went into birding mode.  The surprise was a female Scissor-tailed Flycatcher about half way to town.

Later this afternoon I stopped at an electric substation .7 miles east of US 63 on the north side of Hwy. 124.  There was a good variety of birds there, including at least one Western Kingbird.  I walked around the perimeter of the substation and did not see a nest or a second WEKI.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO