A Painted Bunting was offering close views and singing across the Meramec River from Emmenegger Nature Park. For the most part, it was perching and singing about low to mid-height in the trees just north (100-200 yards) of the intersection of Soccer Park Road and Yarnell. It was near to where David Rabenau found it almost two weeks ago. I was able to get a couple of good audio recordings of it singing, but my iPhone just couldn't capture an adequate visual image. If you are interested in hearing the audio recording I made of it, just send an email.

Two rare birding sightings for me today (including the Black Vulture this morning)!

Bob Bailey
St. Louis, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/