The following paragraph from “Meet the Poet: T.S. Eliot” almost settles the
point.

// After the war, Eliot wrote no more major poetry, turning entirely to his
plays and to literary essays, the most important of which revisited the
French symbolists and the development of language in twentieth-century
poetry. After Vivien died in January 1947, Eliot led a protected life as a
flatmate of the critic John Hayward. In January 1957 he married Valerie
Fletcher and attained a degree of contentedness that had eluded him all his
life. He died in London and, according to his own instructions, his ashes
were interred in the church of St. Michael's in East Coker. A commemorative
plaque on the church wall bears his chosen epitaph--lines chosen from *Four
Quartets*: "In my beginning is my end. In my end is my beginning." //

https://www.marintheatre.org/productions/august-osage-county/meet-the-poet-t-s-eliot

CR