It seems to be a good week for flycatchers in general in the St. Louis area. I birded Love Park in Ballwin this morning and despite having very little forest edge habitat I was able to pick up one Alder, three Willow, one Yellow-bellied, and two additional "Trail's" flycatchers that never vocalized. I also had a female blue grosbeak and a female bobolink which were nice surprises and new species for the hot spot.

Still no Connecticut Warblers anywhere around, but there is always tomorrow (or this evening).

Happy birding,

Tommy J Goodwin Jr., E.I.