Today was a chilly and cloudy morning, with not a lot of new activity.  Nothing like the activity being reported at Tower Grove Park and Carondelet Park in St Louis - wow!

However, mid-morning I saw a Swainson’s Thrush (1st time in our a yard), a Louisiana Waterthrush (1st saw last year) and a Brown Thrasher (a regular visitor).

There have also been a constant presence of baltimore orioles (both male and female) in the yard - visiting the grape jelly feeder and, along with the downy woodpeckers, draining the hummingbird feeders.   The orioles also occasionally sit in a peony, presumably seeking ants - I first saw that behavior last year.

The gray catbird is becoming more visible, venturing out from the tree line now, after arriving a few days ago.

Photos can be found at: flicker.com/photos/dgetman/sets

I’m hoping for a flow of warblers in the next few days, but we’ll see.  Dan Getman, Kirksville, northeast MO