The Black-throated Blue Warbler was first heard singing his buzzy song. Then I was able to get some unobstructed, up close looks. He was in the middle-low branches at the the top of the metal stairs that leads into Kennedy Woods from Government Drive west of the zoo's lower parking lot. This was about 8:30 a.m. (I captured his singing on my iPhone using Recorder Plus HD. And the recording came out very well while things were still quiet--This will allow me to fully document the bird in iNaturalist).  Not long after that, hoards of busses, cars, and then school children running amok in the woods became overwhelming. I moved out of the area and continued birding throughout Kennedy Woods, but I didn't hear or see the Black-throat Blue after my initial encounter. The last I saw him, he flew east towards the zoo. He could have easily moved into the zoo grounds, as that area is fairly forested as well.

Other warbler species seen and/or heard in Kennedy Woods this morning (and some yesterday but not today):
Warblers:
  1. Black-throated Blue
  2. Bay-breasted
  3. Common Yellowthroat