I was informed of 4 Fulvous Whistling Ducks on Whipple pond in Charleston, MO late this morning.  When I arrived at noon they were all present along with 5 pair of Canada geese (all with goslings).  I just received another report from Mark Haas as of 4:45 pm and the birds are still present.
Thought i'd share with MOBIRDS....
FYI the Birds are skittish and will fly when approached by vehicle.  They will circle the pond and land on the side without disturbance.  They act like they want to associate with the Canada geese in and around the flooded cypress bank.

checklist attached (with photos)

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 1:37 PM
Subject: [eBird Alert] Missouri Rare Bird Alert <hourly>

*** Species Summary:

Fulvous Whistling-Duck (1 Mississippi)

Fulvous Whistling-Duck (Dendrocygna bicolor) (4)
- Reported May 14, 2019 12:54 by Tim Kavan
- Whipple pond, Mississippi, Missouri
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=36.904504,-89.346826&ll=36.904504,-89.346826
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Notified by the local game warden of their presence around 11 am.  I arrived at 12:50 to observe them through binocs then watched as the flew off big Buffy duck with long legs and whistled as they flew off."