Jean and I were joined by five other birders not put off by the wet conditions.  Due to the almost constant rain, we tried to make use of the covered pavilions and gazebos in the Whitmire Wildflower Garden.  The highlights included great views of a Blackpoll Warbler, Blue-headed Vireo, and Warbling Vireo.  We also took advantage of the fact that the Trailhouse Road gate was open for the wildflower sale to make stops at the Trailhouse and Wetlands.  The Green Heron appeared to be finished with nest building and was hunkered down in the nest.  After the walk out and back to the wetlands boardwalk, we called it quits about noon to seek hot soup and dry clothes.

Thanks!

Bernie

Blackpoll Warbler
Common Yellowthroat