 Jean and I were joined by five other birders not put off by the wet conditions.  Due to the almost constant rain, we tried to make use of the covered pavilions and gazebos in the Whitmire Wildflower Garden.  The highlights included great views of a Blackpoll Warbler, Blue-headed Vireo, and Warbling Vireo.  We also took advantage of the fact that the Trailhouse Road gate was open for the wildflower sale to make stops at the Trailhouse and Wetlands.  The Green Heron appeared to be finished with nest building and was hunkered down in the nest.  After the walk out and back to the wetlands boardwalk, we called it quits about noon to seek hot soup and dry clothes.

Thanks!
Bernie

Blackpoll WarblerCommon YellowthroatKentucky Warbler (heard only)
Nashville WarblerTennessee WarblerYellow Warbler
Yellow-throated WarblerNorthern WaterthrushLouisiana Waterthrush (heard only)Northern ParulaAmerican RedstartPileated WoodpeckerDowny WoodpeckerRed-bellied WoodpeckerRed-headed WoodpeckerHouse WrenCarolina WrenWarbling Vireo
Red-eyed VireoBlue-headed VireoEastern TowheeTufted TitmouseGray CatbirdSummer TanagerChimney SwiftTree SwallowNorthern Rough-winged SwallowChipping SparrowAmerican RobinEastern PhoebeOrchard OrioleWhite-breasted Nuthatch
Blue JayRuby-throated HummingbirdGreen Heron American GoldfinchBlue-gray GnatcatcherLeast FlycatcherMourning Dove
American CrowBrown-headed CowbirdChickadeeYellow-breasted Chat (heard only)Northern CardinalIndigo BuntingNorthern BobwhiteEastern BluebirdRed-winged BlackbirdTurkey Vulture