I stopped to see the bird on my way to Bunker Hill for ASM Spring Meeting. What a great place! The staff is enjoying the big todo and being warm hosts. There is a lineup of big lenses and happy birders at the observation area. The woodpecker is coming regularly to suet and peanut feeders along with a good assortment of other birds like Towhee and Grosbeak. It's a beautiful nature center off the beaten path, worth a day trip.

June Newman
Chicago