I was up and out there early, then we went out to breakfast from 7-8. Stayed out until 5:15 pm. I had an exceptional day here, my second best day total of 57 species. (5/4/18 was my best at 58 species.)

FOY Birds:
#87 Ovenbird-2
#88 Least Flycatcher-heard
#89 Blue-winged Warbler-1
#90 Blackpoll Warbler-heard
#91 Gray Catbird-2
#92 Prothonotary Warbler-heard

Went inside for a few minutes and when I came out, the next three popped out. Dan got to see the Scarlet Tanager.

#93 Scarlet Tanager-1 male
#94 Gray-cheeked Thrush-2
#95 Common Yellowthroat-female

I looked up when this one flew over. We used to see them in backwater down off Marshall Road in Valley Park. Flood drive it out? Haven’t had one fly over before. I did not get a photo to document it, but believe that is what I saw.
#96 New yard bird flyover - Black-crowned Night Heron #151

Also had 2 Wood Thrush present at times and one sang almost all day long, several Hermit Thrush and Swainson’s Thrushes. Red-eyed, White-eyed, Warbling Vireos, Great Crested Flycatcher, Broad-winged Hawk, Indigo Bunting, Summer Tanager.

Had 14 warblers today! The other nine: Nashville, Tennessee, Northern Waterthrush (2)(B*44), N. Parula, Palm (2), Black-throated Green, Black-and-white, Yellow-rumped, Golden-winged (B*45).

Time for bed! Photos later.

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO, MO
hummerhavenunltd.com