I had a nice walk on this beautiful morning at the Zell tract, west part of Pershing State Park. I went down the hill west from the Red Barn at the old homestead. On and along a short part of the levee there I enjoyed -

Blue Grosbeak - 2
Bell's Vireo - 2
Yellow-breasted Chat
Yellow Warbler - 3
Gray Catbird
Orchard Oriole
Marsh Wren
House Wren
Sedge Wren - 3
Am. Goldfinch - 2 pair
Common Yellowthroat
Swamp Sparrow
Lincoln's Sparrow
Eastern Meadowlark
most of these were singing, several at the same time
also there
Sora
Blue-winged Teal
Tree, Barn, and Cliff Swallows flying around and over

Red-shouldered Hawk calling from a distance

Found Dickcissels on farther out. Interesting watching a pair of adult Bald Eagles driving away an Immature one.

Later today had a treat while visiting a friend just west of town of listening to a Lincoln's Sparrow singing. took us a little while to figure out what it was. Interesting song rarely heard here. Had been one coming to the feeders there for quite a while.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.