Sorry for this late post, but I’m pretty sure I had a singing Hooded
Warbler at Grindstone this morning. Nothing much compared to the dozen or
more reported from Perry County, but a bird I have never found in Boone
County before

Bird was heard but not seen, in dense undergrowth just north of the
isolated hill in the center of the area.  I got a good sound recording that
I posted on Facebook; I’d appreciate anybody’s opinion of whether I’m
correct in my ID.
--
John Besser
Columbia MO