I had a nice walk on this beautiful morning at the Zell tract, west part of Pershing State Park. I went down the hill west from the Red Barn at the old homestead. On and along a short part of the levee there I enjoyed -
Blue Grosbeak - 2Bell's Vireo - 2Yellow-breasted ChatYellow Warbler - 3Gray CatbirdOrchard OrioleMarsh WrenHouse WrenSedge Wren - 3Am. Goldfinch - 2 pairCommon YellowthroatSwamp SparrowLincoln's SparrowEastern Meadowlarkmost of these were singing, several at the same timealso thereSoraBlue-winged TealTree, Barn, and Cliff Swallows flying around and over
Red-shouldered Hawk calling from a distance
Found Dickcissels on farther out. Interesting watching a pair of adult Bald Eagles driving away an Immature one.
Later today had a treat while visiting a friend just west of town of listening to a Lincoln's Sparrow singing. took us a little while to figure out what it was. Interesting song rarely heard here. Had been one coming to the feeders there for quite a while.
Later,Steve KinderChillicothe, Livingston [log in to unmask]