I stopped to see the bird on my way to Bunker Hill for ASM Spring Meeting.
What a great place! The staff is enjoying the big todo and being warm
hosts. There is a lineup of big lenses and happy birders at the observation
area. The woodpecker is coming regularly to suet and peanut feeders along
with a good assortment of other birds like Towhee and Grosbeak. It's a
beautiful nature center off the beaten path, worth a day trip.

June Newman
Chicago