2019 GDGSA Conference UW-Madison

Call for Papers

How does ‘Eichhörnchen’ sound to you? The first contact you typically have with a language is a sound - a harsh or a soft one, and sometimes one that is really hard to pronounce. Sounds transport ideas, backgrounds, mindsets or attitudes, and finally they accumulate

into words, sentences, songs, novels, speech... Sound is just the smallest part of something really big.

We herewith present the call for papers for the 21th Annual Conference of the German and Dutch Graduate Student Association at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The title and topic of this year's conference will be

Sound

For the 21st annual conference, the GDGSA invites a broad range of submissions that respond to any aspect of Sound in a German or Dutch context. We welcome proposals for individual papers, posters, performances or workshops. Graduate students from all universities and departments are encouraged to submit their abstracts.

Please submit an abstract or plan for your presentation of 500 words or fewer by June 30th, 2019. Submissions in English or German are welcome. Your submission should include the following information: title of proposal, presenter’s name, university and department affiliation, 75-word bio, technology and workshop requests, and email address. Proposals and questions may be directed to: [log in to unmask] Please include the words “Conference Proposal” in the subject line of your email. We look forward to your submissions!

Dr. Tyler Whitney

(University of Michigan)

Keynote

Dr. Sabine Gross

(UW- Madison)

Workshop

Nicole Fischer, M.A.
Ph.D.  Student
Teaching Assistant for German
Co- Chair of the GDGSA Conference Committee 2019
Pronouns: she/ her
University of Wisconsin- Madison
Department of German, Nordic and Slavic
Van Hise Hall 866, 1220 Linden Dr., Madison , WI 53706

[signature_1796435915]