Both Dave Garcia and I had the opportunity to bird Kennedy Woods for a couple of hours from 11:00 am- 1:00 pm.

Even though it was relatively late in the morning for birding, there were birds singing throughout the forest. I'm only listing songbird migrants by species, excluding some of the most common ones. However, for most species, there were multiples, especially for the Nashville Warbler. Best catch of the day was the Cerulean and Yellow warblers, both singing and down low for good views. FOY for Kennedy Woods 2019.

Warblers:
  1. Blue-winged
  2. Tennessee
  3. Orange-crowned
  4. Nashville
  5. Yellow
  6. Yellow-rumped
  7. Black-throated Green
  8. Palm
  9. Cerulean
  10. Black-and-white
  11. Ovenbird
  12. Northern Waterthrush
  13. Kentucky
Note: Common Yellowthroat would more than likely be #14 if we had gone to that area in the savanna. I have seen it there for the last few days where it has been for the last couple of years during breeding season. Didn't hear any PIne Warbler today. I had been hearing/seeing them for several days, but not today. Surprisingly, I have not heard a N. Parula in Kennedy Woods yet this year, although others heard it last Saturday morning.

Others:
  1. White-eyed Vireo
  2. Red-eyed Vireo
  3. Blue-headed Vireo
  4. Summer Tanager
  5. Baltimore Oriole
  6. Indigo Bunting
  7. Eastern Wood-Peewee
  8. Great Crested Flycatcher
  9. House Wren
  10. Ruby-crowned Kinglet
  11. Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
  12. Swainson's Thrush (note: yesterday I saw a Hermit, Veery, and probable Gray-cheeked)
  13. Wood Thrush
  14. Gray Catbird

Bob Bailey St. Louis, MO [log in to unmask]