This morning while birding Duck Creek CA, I heard and then saw a small flock of martins investigating a ramshackle martin house across the road. Males and females both. I suspected that martins had arrived in our area, because yesterday one of our neighborhood mockingbirds had added the martins’ song to his repertoire.

Mark Haas

Jackson, MO