We (Ron and I) took a brief tour around Hi Lonesome today.  Although much of it had apparently just been burned in the last couple of days, Ron spotted a bird flying across the road.  He said he thought it had just caught a bug.  I scoured the landscape trying to see where the bird had landed and was overjoyed to see a Loggerhead resting in one of the stick shrubs.  Beautiful!  There was not much of anything else out there except a couple of American Kestrels and a couple of Red-tails.
Marge Lumpe

Marge Lumpe
Benton County MO