The gates on the dam are wide open creating lots of mud flats and the gulls are taking advantage, there was at least 2000 sitting on the flats this afternoon. I had 1 light colored juvenile Glaucus and an immature black-backed, I was leaning toward Greater when it flew off as I was consulting a field guide. Lesser Black backed would be much more likely and that is probably what it was. Hopefully some birders will go up Saturday before the snow hits and take a look. Please post what you see , I would be very interested what other birders think.

Dave Haenni
Des Peres, MO