We visited Grand Pass on February 22 and our experience was much like
yours.   We saw huge flocks of snow geese--on the ground feeding, in the
cornfields, flying in huge flocks above the water and huge flocks of them
(skeins) coming in all afternoon.  I, too, did not want to put an X in for
their numbers, and put in an estimate of 42,000, which may have been too
low.
we estimated the mallards to be around 1500 then.  We also saw huge flocks
of White fronted geese, over 2000.  We only counted 55 pintails that day

We didn't find any cranes then.  (but we did hear some at Eagle Bluffs a
couple days ago).

My  reports are on ebird.

Valerie Dent
Cole Camp, MO

 Today my birder crew spent the afternoon at Grand Pass Conservation Area.