St Louis Audubon is sponsoring a birding trip to Clarence Cannon National Wildlife Refuge this Saturday, February 9th, starting from the headquarters building at 9:00 am.  We will drive the refuge hoping to see migrating ducks, geese, swans, and other wintering species.  There will be some walking, weather permitting. The weather is predicted to be moderate, 34’, and sunny.  Please check this website late Friday for last minute changes because of inclement weather.

The headquarters building is not open on weekends, so stop in Elsberry in route for restrooms, snacks, water, etc.  Bring your own lunch, snacks, and water if you plan to stay.  Bring your binoculars, scope, and FTS radio if you have one. We hope to bird the area until the afternoon.

Directions:
You have two traveling options.  You can caravan from the Dierbergs Market parking lot at Hwy 79 and Hwy 70, meeting on the east side of the lot at 8:00 am.  Or you can meet the group at the CCNWR headquarters in Annada at 9:00 am.

Drive north on Highway 79 to Annada, north of Elsberry.  Turn right at the Clarence Cannon NWR sign in Annada.   Follow the road to headquarters.  A map is available on the Stlouisaudubo.org website.

My cell phone number is 314-359-9364 if you need to reach me on Saturday, but there won’t be service north of Elsberry.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Pat Lueders, St Louis Audubon Guide

Sent from my iPad